Thursday, January 27, 2011

From wedding cakes to diaper cakes...


It is crazy to think that we just mastered wedding showers and now we are onto bigger and better things... BABY showers!!!! This past weekend all my besties from college flew in and we hosted Annie's very first baby shower for sweet little Lola! She is going to be our "Dream Team" mascot... I cant wait to meet her. Katie and I literally spent HOURS doing the decorations b/c we wanted it to be just perfect and I must say they turned out adorable!

The hostesses (L to R): Amanda, Bromli, Brenda, Alli, Annie, Katie, Me, Catherine

Alli made this awesome diaper cake and check out our adorable food spread complete with a hot tea station! I made little signs that matched the paper we used for the flag banner to call out all the food items and drinks. We even had expecting and not expecting mimosas :) I also took a stab at a centerpiece... we went w/ a "bird + nesting" theme so the birdcage worked out perfectly!


We had a "Wish Tree" station where everyone wrote little notes to Lola and hung them on her tree... we thought it would be fun for her to read them someday :) Our favors were cute tiny bird nests filled with pink covered cherry almonds. We wrapped them in tulle and tied them w/ the same cute pink ribbon from the Wish Tree tags.
We also had a "Guess the Due Date" Game on the same table...each person signed their name on the date they thought Lola would arrive in this world!
It was so much fun to have everyone together again for an entire weekend. I have especially missed Amanda and Bromli in my life... I hate that they are so far away, but we pick right back up where we left off!


I think it came together very nicely and it was so fun and CUTE to see all the loot that Annie picked up.... it didn't quite give me the baby bug... but it was close ;) Annie we love you SOOOO much and are so excited to live vicariously through you during this exciting time. She is going to be such a blessing to us all!

1 comment:

  1. aw yay!!! love this post! the decorations and every detail of the shower were A-MAZING! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...