Monday, June 27, 2011

Memory Lane Inn: The Digs

The crafting retreat took place at Memory Lane Inn in Tyler, Texas. (There is an alternate location in McKinney)  It was set in a charming house with a huge wrap around front porch, lots of chandeliers, stained glass doors (my fave!), and charming Victorian accents.  The house reminded me of one you would find in historic Fort Worth. 

IMG_0752


IMG_0754

 
IMG_0755


IMG_0757


IMG_0766

Each woman had their own twin bed complete with a basket full of fresh towels, Bath & Body Works toiletries, and a bag of Scrapbook freebies. The rooms slept anywhere from 2 - 8 women. 

IMG_0716


IMG_0727


IMG_0730

The front room was the crafting room.  There was an impressive DVD and CD collection, and iPod docking station, and streaming NetFlix to keep us entertained all weekend.


IMG_0738

In the back room, there was a community "Cricut" (I got one of these for my birthday this year!) with a wall FULL of various cutting programs to choose from.  It is basically the die cut of the future :) I loved learning how to use it!


IMG_0771


IMG_0777


IMG_0782

Each person had a their own work station complete with a cutting mat, lamp, and shelving. As you can see, my work station was packed full to the brim of scrap paper, sharpies, paints, brushes, glue, and my art journals.

IMG_0743

We LOVED the charming ambiance of the whole place. Each mother/ daughter or friend duo signed up to bring a meal so the only other expense besides room & board, was the cost to feed the house 1 meal over the weekend.  There were 18 women that attended our retreat, so the house was packed full of creative minds!

You can visit the Memory Lane Inn website HERE to find out more details.  I highly recommend something like this for a big group of girlfriends who can never find time in their busy lives to catch up on all their crafting. It is best to come into the weekend with a few key projects and your supplies so you can knock them out.  We had 1 girl who pulled 2 all nighters... seriously!?!?! haha She was hardcore, but got everything she would normally want to accomplish in a year... accomplished in 1 long weekend!

I will post pics of our projects this week!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Abby. My name is Jereme, my wife and I own Memory Lane Inn. Thanks for the kind words - I'm so glad to hear you had a wonderful weekend at our Tyler Inn! If you have any pictures from your stay you'd like to share, I would love to add them to our web site for others to enjoy.

    Hope to have you back soon, and congrats on the France announcement!
    Jereme

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...